On her Cardiff Cross Challenge debut, Kate Avery looks set to challenge for the Senior Women’s title at Llandaf Fields on Saturday afternoon. The Shildon athlete ended her outdoor season on a high, running a 1,500m lifetime best of 4:15 in her final track race back in August, and now turns her attentions to the cross-country season as she looks for victory in the season opener in Cardiff.
Event: 5,000m / 10,000m
Best Performances: 15:25 / 31:41
- 2014 & 2015 European Cross-Country Championship Silver Medallist
- 2016 Great Edinburgh Cross-Country Champion
- 2015 IAAF World Championship 10,000m representative
- 2014 NCAA Cross-Country Champion
- 2016 UK Inter-Counties Cross-Country Champion